AWS’ IaaS infrastructure
3 mins to read
IaaS – Infrastructure as a Service – enables the consumption of infrastructures such as computing, storage, and an enterprise network in the cloud in a pay-by-consumption model.
When you move to the public cloud, your organization’s IT solution architecture is preserved, with no changes required. The public cloud provider is responsible for the physical infrastructure and the enterprise autonomously manages its infrastructure and applications.
The AWS IaaS solution provides the customer with flexibility in resource consumption, including expanding and reducing loads in accordance with business developments. Save costs with per-consumption billing. Likewise, you save all costs associated with a local data center, including: purchase of hardware, software, maintenance, real estate, cooling, and more. Dynamic businesses striving to compete in the global market will find global deployment to every country and region around the world in the AWS cloud.
Advantages of the AWS IaaS solution:
- Speed – You can configure the characteristics and settings of servers in minutes, no matter how many, and in any configuration.
- Performance – Geographic deployment worldwide and in Israel (Q1 2023) lets you install applications near users and customers. (This is an issue when working with hardware in a local data center). Geographic proximity reduces latency response times and improves performance.
- Reliability – AWS infrastructures provide 99.99% availability
- Backup and disaster recovery –with a public cloud, you can backup with the infrastructure. The infrastructure can be duplicated in a remote site or to multiple sites, and synchronized automatically between them.
Price – IaaS’s actual consumption-based monthly payment model saves costs and is an attractive economic alternative to the expensive costs of the data center that is physically located at the customer’s site.
Popular uses of IaaS with AWS infrastructure:
- Website hosting – A web hosting service globally deployed on AWS servers, including file storage and continuous availability.
- Big data analytics – Allows customers to mine data from various sources, use statistical techniques and mathematical tools, analyze trends, create visual reports, and more, in large and complex databases.
- Application development – A set of built-in development tools to speed up and improve the development process.
HPC – High-Performance Computing – IaaS infrastructure is an excellent basis for solutions that require processing and computing power for very complex applications.
AWS products for IaaS – storage:
- EC2 computing in a variety of forms including GPU – EC2 is the broadest, most comprehensive solution on the market today. Server settings can be configured as needed, with flexibility in choosing processing power, memory, local storage, network cards, and more. In addition, EC2 today allows adding a GPU to the server.
- Lightsail Computing – Easy-to-use computing services designed for applications or web hosting for solutions that are not technologically complex. This service is less costly than EC2.
- File storage – Flexible storage of files at your organization. This is essentially a Serverless service, letting you add storage to your servers without detracting from your resources. This service is popular among many organizations that use it to store corporate files accessible to all employees.
- Object storage, also known as S3 – Dedicated storage in the form of objects makes it possible to expand volumes as much as necessary – up to petabyte scale – and includes high availability and information security.
- Enterprise network – The VPC method is actually an enterprise network connecting all the resources an organization consumes in the cloud.
Why choose AWS storage solutions?
AWS offers the widest portfolio of cloud solutions in the industry, including over 200 services in global deployment. Its innovative solutions currently serve millions of customers, including start-ups, government bodies, and the public sector, global giant companies with tens of thousands of employees, and businesses of all sizes and types.